Monday 19 November 2007

Arches Space

After a meeting with LJ, one of the programmers, at the Arches, Glasgow this morning they have agreed to support my work with space to develop it on a weekly basis. I will be given use of one of the practice rooms to begin with then as the project develops I will be allowed to develop the work in one of the performance spaces. I'm really excited about this as it's a big development for me both as part of my coursework and professionally. Part of the reason LJ is supporting me is because of my growing reputation in Glasgow as a choreographer.

I aim to do a series of movement experiments in the practice space, involving a dancer as the work progresses, and trialling the technical side of the work before moving into the performance space. LJ has given me the option of developing a full performance piece with support from the Arches which I intend to do as I feel it will give me even more focus on creating a 'piece' as opposed to a series of research experiments.

No comments: