Friday 12 October 2007

Creative Lab Prep

This is turning into a nightmare.

I've decided to make use of the projector at The STAND during my Dance House Creative Lab to hook up a camera, film the dance and project it live onto the screen. Because this is part of my course I thought it'd be a good idea to make use of the equipment and get a decent camera out to film, that way I could use my own camera and tripod to document the whole thing which would be fine if the uni had any equipment available.

The main reason I applied for this course was for it's facilities and the fact that my work would improve just by using more sophisticated gear and now I've ended up using my own stuff anyway. All because students hire stuff out over a weekend to save them bringing it back on a Friday afternoon. The most frustrating part of it all is that I approached the techies numerous times this week and they kept assuring me that I'd be able to get stuff out. If they'd had the proper sheets out at the proper time I might have been able to approach whoever already had the equipment and see if I could collect it from them.

So. I'm annoyed and disappointed but I can still try things out with my own camera and, if the idea works, I can see about getting more space to develop it properly.

I've also downloaded the demo version of Isadora but the tutorials aren't working. It isn't my day.

No comments: