Monday 15 October 2007

Day 1 Creative Lab

LAB

Movement
Bodyslam Technique - Low fly/Dodging/Material from Blok

Idea
Anonymity - Dancers as Audience/Video Feed/Black&White film

Technical
Dark - Projector light only/Disorientate audience/Non-traditional positioning/Crash mat throughout space/Camera moves

I started work on material today that will be used for the rest of the week. It was fairly slow to get going but managed to get 1 full sequence done with ideas for another one to do tomorrow when Joan (one of my FireBox dancers) joins me. I always find it difficult to get started when I'm on my own so made use of the day by filming little sections and seeing what they look like on the screen. The space is very bare so it all looks a bit sterile at the moment, especially with just me here, but I can imagine it already in different contexts.

No comments: